- How To Choose the Right Dance Shoes For Jazz Class!
The best jazz shoes for dance class have a snug fit and are well made. They come in various colors, materials such as leather or canvas, can be slip on or lace up, full or split- sole.
- How to Choose the Right Shoes for Tap Dance Classes?
Tap dance, even more so than other dance styles, requires a specific shoe made especially to execute the intricate steps and sounds dancers perform. Tap shoes range in style and construction, and the style you choose will depend on your dancer’s skill and age.
- Ultimate Guide – what shoes should you wear for contemporary or lyrical dance?
Contemporary and lyrical are two dance styles that, like some jazz techniques, can be done barefoot. However, there are several options of shoes for these styles of dance that have become popular over the last 20 years which have their own unique functions.
- How To Choose The Best Character Shoes for Dance Lessons
In order to choose the best character shoes, you must first know what style of dance they will be used for. Once you know the genre of dance, you can then choose from the variety of styles, colors, materials, and heel heights that character shoes come in.
- Everything You Need to Know About Buying Pointe Shoes for Ballet!
To choose the right pointe shoes, you need to first obtain your child’s teacher’s permission to go en pointe. At your local dancewear store, you will be fit for pointe shoes and will look at the fit of the shoe as determined by the length, width, shank strength, vamp length, and box construction.
- What are Demi Pointe Shoes and do you really need them for Ballet?
When choosing demi pointe shoes, you need to look for a snug fit, a full leather outsole, and a satin finish. Demi pointe shoes do not have a hard box like Pointe shoes.
- Parents Guide to choosing the Best Shoes For Ballet Class
The best shoes for ballet class have a snug fit, and are made of leather or canvas. Depending on the dancer’s age and level, you will choose between full sole or split-sole flat ballet shoes. Do not buy synthetic or pretty sateen ballet slippers or pointe shoes.
- How to Sew Ribbons on Flat Ballet Shoes – Photos & Video Tutorial
I have been sewing my own ribbons onto my ballet shoes since I was a little girl and recently I have been sewing ribbons onto my daughter’s ballet shoes. Sewing …
- How to do a Ballet Bun on Short Hair – Video and Photo Instructions
If your child has short hair like my four-year-old, you may be wondering how to get those shortened locks into a neat and tidy ballet bun quickly for dance class …
- Single VS Criss-Cross Elastic on Ballet Shoes? With Sewing Guide!
When I danced years ago, you had to buy ribbons and sew them on to your ballet shoes. Later on, I was able to pre-buy canvas shoes with single elastics. …
- How to Prepare for A First Dance Competition-Ultimate Guide for Parents
My daughter was recently asked to join her studio junior competition team. Although I have competed at the top level and won whilst performing with a jazz and contemporary team, …
- How to Measure, Fit & Buy Ballet Shoes for Toddlers & Kids: Complete Guide
If you haven’t danced before or have never had other children in lessons, buying your child their first pair of ballet shoes might seem a little daunting especially with the …
- How to Motivate a Young Dancer to Not Quit in Just 3 Steps!
It’s thirty minutes before your kid’s dance class and you need to leave in ten to get there on time but your child isn’t even dressed yet and when you …
- How to Be a Good Dance Parent: 7 Tips From Seasoned Dance Mom & Dads
Being a good dance mom or dad might be an intimidating thought to some with good reason. The fact that you are being described as a good parent automatically means …
- Why do young dancers wear makeup?
Although used for a purpose, when children wear stage make up controversy is often sparked. Many parents feel that their children grow up soon enough and that wearing makeup of …
- Can girls wear a pad to dance class?
Even though it happens once a month, the topic of menstruation is a little taboo and makes some people cringe. This three to five day period every month can cause …
- Do Boys Wear Leotards? And what is a Dance belt?
If girls wear leotards to dance and ballet class what do boys wear? Do they wear leotards too? Do boys wear leotards? Yes, boys do wear leotards but they wear …
- What do toddlers wear to a dance or ballet class?
Your about to take your toddler to their first dance, movement or ballet class and all the photos you have seen have little girls in tutus and little boys in …
- Common Dance & Ballet Injuries: Causes, Prevention & Rehab Guide
As a dancer or parent of a dancer being armed with knowledge about the most common injuries dancers are most susceptible to, is the first step to prevention, quicker recovery, …
- What is the best age to start dancing? – Real Answers for Parents!
With the proliferation of dance on tv through shows such as World of Dance, Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance many people are interested in knowing just what age is best to start dancing especially if they feel they have missed the boat or want their child to have the best chance of succeeding.
- How Many Dance or Ballet Classes (Age & Class Guide)
Ballerinas and dancers train for many years to master their craft. But how many ballet classes or lessons should your child be taking to become a professional dancer or ballerina? Although just a guide, the following tables give you some specific numbers, hours and class types that you can use to help you work out what is best for your child!
- 14 Things You Can Do To Help Your Child Be a Better Dancer Today!
A question dance teacher’s regularly hear from parents is ‘how can I help my child become a better dancer?’ The following is a list of fourteen top tips that are realistic and doable even for the busiest dance parent!
- Which kids dance class or style should I choose for my beginning dancer?
There are so many different styles of dance out there it can be hard and confusing for any parent to choose which class to start their child in. The type, …
- How many dance classes should my 5 year old take?
Many dance schools offer a smorgasbord of classes and lessons for young kids to attend which can leave parents confused as to just how many dance classes they should be …
- Choose the Best Dance School For Your Child: Ultimate Parents Guide
Not everyone puts a lot of thought into choosing a dance school for their child generally they choose the closest school to them or the one their childs friend attends. …