- How Dance Competitions are Judged & Scored? What Parents Want To Know!
If you’ve ever wondered about how dance competitions are judged, look no further! As a veteran judge of ten years for competitions all over the United States and Canada, I’m here to answer all of your burning questions about how dancers are adjudicated and scored at dance competitions.
- What Every Competition Dancer Needs! Plus Recital & Christmas Gift Ideas!
Our first dance competition was a complete disaster. I was completely unprepared, unorganized, and stressed to the gills. Over the years, after humbly asking opinions from other dance moms and finding out how to make things easier for myself, I have found a lot of products that every competition dancer and every competition parent must have.
- The Real Costs Of Competitive Dance – A Parent’s Run Down
Dance competitions are fun, exciting, and yes, expensive. As a seasoned dance mom, the thrill and pure joy of watching my dancer perform on stage, has always brought tears to my eyes. For me, it has been worth every penny. However, in hindsight, I wish I had known more about the costs involved.
- 12 Pros and Cons of Competitive Ballet & Dance
In the world of dance, the place of competition is a contentious issue. Some ballet schools argue that students who focus on competitions learn to be ‘trick ponies’ and their …
- How to Prepare for A First Dance Competition-Ultimate Guide for Parents
My daughter was recently asked to join her studio junior competition team. Although I have competed at the top level and won whilst performing with a jazz and contemporary team, …
- RAD Ballet Presentation Classes Vs Exams – The Differences For Parents.
Since writing the article RAD Ballet Class Awards Vs Exams: A Helpful Guide For Parents I have had some requests from parents to write about the RAD Presentation Class as …
- Do you need to give a dancer flowers or a gift after a dance recital?
We have all seen those scenes where the star of the show is presented with flowers as the curtain falls and seen dressing rooms flooded with flowers. But do you …
- What Do I Wear to a Ballet or Dance Recital? (Ideas for Men & Women)
Your son or daughter, grandchild, niece or nephew started their first dance lessons a few months ago. You are very excited about their progress; they are getting better every day …
- How much should a dance recital costume cost? We compared 25 schools!
Most dance schools require parents to pay pricey fees for dance recital costumes. But how do you know if what you are paying is reasonable?
- Which is Better? A Competition Focused or Non Competitive dance school?
There are two local dance schools in my neighbourhood. I’ve been told one participates in a lot of dance competitions where as the other doesn’t and is more of a …
- RAD Ballet Class Award Vs Exam – A helpful explanation for parents.
Class Awards are a fairly new form of assessment for the Royal Academy of Dance and there can be a fair bit of confusion amongst parents and student about them. This article covers the basics of how they are different and answers the question of one worried mother whose teacher is registering her daughter for the Class Award and not the Exam like her peers.